Preparing for Advent November 13, 2018 – Posted in: Uncategorized
Advent is almost here — the season when we await the hope and joy of Christmas. Stop by the store and pick up Advent candles hand rolled by our very own Holy Rollers, charming paper or keepsake Advent calendars, and devotional books to help you slow down and prepare your heart for what matters most about the season.
- Advent: The Once and Future Coming of Jesus Christ by Fleming Rutledge. Advent, says Christ Church parishioner Fleming Rutledge, is not for the faint of heart. With her trademark wit and wisdom, Rutledge explores Advent as a time of rich paradoxes, a season celebrating at once Christ’s incarnation and His second coming, and the ethical and future-oriented significance of Advent for the church.
- Jesus Calling for Christmas by Sarah Young. Are your holidays too hectic? Take a few minutes to savor the season with this beautiful Christmas edition of Jesus Calling devotions that includes 50 short selections along with festive imagery.
- In This Light: Thoughts for Christmas by Archbishop Justin Welby. Christmas should be a time of peace, togetherness and celebration; yet it can leave all too many of us feeling overwhelmed by loneliness, stress and worry. In This Light is a timely collection of thoughtful meditations from celebrities, business leaders, athletes, politicians and others whose names you might not know but whose stories you will come to love.
- Advent for Everyone: A Journey with the Apostles by N.T. Wright. Advent for Everyone: A Journey with the Apostles provides readers with an inspirational guide through the Advent season exploring the gospel themes of faith, repentance, justice, and celebration.
- Advent Candles – This set of four is hand rolled by our very own Holy Rollers.
- Keepsake Wooden Advent Calendars – Fill the tiny drawers year after year with your choice of treats.
- Madelaine Chocolate Advent Calendar -This countdown to Christmas includes 24 yummy little presents.
- Kreuter Madonna and Child Advent calendar – Each day open an image from the National Gallery in Washington D.C.
SAVE THE DATE:
Thanksgiving Weekend SOUND BATH with Susy Markoe Schieffelin
Friday, Nov 23 @ 5pm – Black Friday Recovery Sound Bath
Saturday, Nov 24 @ 10am – Grateful Heart Sound Bath
Sunday, Nov 25 @ 7pm – Soul Soothing Sound Bath